The aim of the Dôme Seniors association is to provide the public with social counselling and other services for the elderly in Switzerland. It promotes their autonomy and supports their personal development, with the aim of improving the material, physical and moral well-being of elderly people living in Switzerland.
1. AIMS AND MISSION
- To improve the social status, living and housing conditions of the elderly.
- To provide and develop services adapted to the needs and circumstances, to promote mutual aid and preventive measures, and to stimulate the physical and mental faculties.
- To strengthen independence, community spirit and self-confidence.
- To operate a social consultation that can provide administrative and financial assistance or other services of use to the elderly, etc.
2. SERVICES OFFERED
Help against isolation (ACI) (free service)
An employee of Dôme Seniors goes to the home of the isolated senior to share a friendly moment and create a human contact. At the person’s pace and if he/she wishes, he/she can also accompany him/her outside, in order to create a social link and to help him/her with his/her activities (shopping, walking, going to the doctor, collecting an administrative document, etc.). As a general rule, the volunteer meets with the senior citizen once a week, for about 3 hours.
- Social assistance service (SA)
The association’s social workers provide advice and support in a variety of situations and according to the needs of the senior citizen: general administrative support, help with budgeting, application/review of SPC, advice on social insurance, support in difficult personal situations, applications for funds, referral to the network, etc.
- Administrative assistance service at home (DOM)
In complete confidentiality, the home administrative assistants come to the home in order to help the senior citizen with all his or her administrative tasks: mail sorting, support with administrative writing, quick payment, etc.